Areas of Specialization
- Tax Litigation & International Tax
- M&A, Joint Ventures, Foreign Collaborations & Investments
- General Corporate & Commercial Laws
Deepinder is the founder and Managing Partner of Pinnacle Legal LLP. He is a dual qualified lawyer (Indian Advocate and Solicitor of Senior Courts of England & Wales), having practiced law in both jurisdictions. He has extensive experience in tax litigation and advisory having successfully representated large corporations in the manufacturing, real estate, automobile and pharmaceutical sector before Tax Tribunals and High Court. Before founding Pinnacle, Deepinder worked with Cobbetts LLP, a leading national UK law firm advising on mergers & acquisitions, restructuring/reorganization, private equity, share schemes and AIM listings. Deepinder advises clients ranging from small to large companies, private equity/venture capital investors and owner managed businesses on both domestic and cross border deals.
Presentation & Conferences
Deepinder is regularly invited as a speaker at several eminent national and international conferences.
- Spoke at a conference on “Taxation of Global Actors” held in Netherlands.
- Spoke at an International Tax conference on “Latest International Tax Developments in India” held in London.
- Lectured on “FDI into India: Legal, Tax and Regulatory aspects” at the Institute of Advanced Legal Studies, University of London.
- Submitted a paper on “Service Permanent Establishments” at a tax conference held in London
- Presented a thesis on “World Trade Organization and Direct Taxation” at University of Tilburg, Netherlands
- Organized a European Tax conference on “Cross Border Dividends” held in London.
Education & Professional Background
- Masters in Tax Law (LL.M) (Merit Holder), Queen Mary, University of London, United Kingdom
- ADIT (Advanced Diploma in International Taxation), Chartered Institute of Taxation, united Kingdom
- Bachelor of Laws (LL.B), Punjab University, Chandigarh
- Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com), Punjab University, Chandigarh
- The Law Society of England & Wales
- Bar Council of Punjab & Haryana
- ADIT, Chartered Institute of Taxation, United Kingdom
- Punjab & Haryana High Court Bar Association
- Income Tax Appellate Tribunal Bar Association, Chandigarh
- Income Tax & Sales Tax Bar Association, Chandigarh
- District Court Bar Association, Chandigarh
|Managing Partner, Pinnacle Legal LLP